Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Best Dance Show

So You Think You Can Dance. I love love love this show! It's honest, refreshing, and it's not about a fan base, it's about who is the best dancer. As it should be.

The judges don't score, but their opinion counts for a lot when it gets to the viewers' votes. There are guest choreographers, and some of them were dancers in previous seasons. Occasionally different judges.

I like the judges for the most part, but Mary Murphy gets on my nerves big time. Her horrible screechy voice is bad enough when she talks in a normal tone. Thank god I DVR so I can zip past her banshee wails. She's gotten real old real fast.

So what's going on this season. I haven't really picked favs yet. I can't remember all the names. I know who I don't care for. "Legacy". This guy is really winning over the judges, and I have to admit he's a pretty good dancer most of the time. But he's a crybaby! I hate that. So I'm against him. I'm not too crazy about his name either. The last one-name guy was Stitch, but he was good! Really good and really likeable. His name suited him. I don't get where this guy Legacy gets his name. Uh oh, am I the bad guy bashing a dancer for something other than his dancing? Maybe. I just don't care for him. So there.

Ryan (half of the husband/wife ballroom pair) is pretty good but he's too pretty for me. His wife is just as good looking and it almost looks like a genetic experiment when they are seen together. Like they both said, "I found someone who looks just like me". Weird. But both are pretty good dancers in the styles they've been given.

I love some of the new dance styles they're bringing. Last season they introduced Bollywood, and there's already been a great Bollywood routine this season. Last night, there was the Lindy Hop and that's so cool. I'm not real crazy about Contempory or Jazz, but sometimes they are interesting routines. Broadway and Disco are usually fun to watch. I like Hip Hop type routines if they are set to hard hitting music. Set to softer music, they just don't wow. Of course, any Ballroom is good to see.

All for now.