Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DWTS 5th week

Actually, I can't remember what week it is. There are now 5 left standing.

Alas, Pam was booted. Too bad. I was really impressed. She was gracious, cute, and subdued. It wasn't all about her figure, and the costumes even played that down (as best they could). She was amazing when portraying characters. She channeled Marilyn Monroe and Dolly Parton perfectly. I was a bit disappointed by her Argentine Tango (as a brunette, no less). She could've killed with that dance but it came off too soft.

I meant to blog when Kate was gone but didn't get a round tuit. So a belated YAY! Jake was also gone last week. Poor little bachelor cried and his tv fiancee looked crushed.

My picks are still Nicole and Evan, and I think they'll be the last two standing. I hope Derek comes up with a kickass free-style to clinch the deal for Nicole. Evan is really good, but his skating style shows too much for most of the dances.

I would have preferred Niecy left before Pam. She's not a terrible dancer, but Pam was better.

Surprisingly, Chad (football guy) has grown into a decent dancer. I don't think he'll win (god I hope not!), but he's not that hard to watch now.

Erin hasn't improved much. She was good, but she's still just good.

I see either Niecy or Erin leaving next week.

What else I'm watching:

"Flash Forward" I love love love this show! I stack a few episodes up on the DVR and watch several in one sitting. I want more more more!

"Merlin" I thought it was cancelled after its run last year, but they've picked it up again. SyFy ran the 1st season back to back so I DVR'd it to watch again.

"The Vampire Diaries" I have mixed feeling about this show. Elena is annoying. Stephan is not good-looking. But I've fallen in love with Damian. He's such a bad boy with a spot of good in his undead heart. I could watch his facial expressions all day!

"V" Not my fav but I'm watching to see where it goes. I never saw the original series so I don't know the story other than what I've seen so far.

"Smallville" This season is a little hard to watch. There's the season's bad guy Zod played by an actor (don't know his name) I've seen in the same type of roles elsewhere. His spitting sneer is getting a little old. I'm fascinated by Chloe's dark side, and her affair with Green Arrow is an unexpected pleasure. The Lois angle? Meh. Lois is annoying but I guess that was the character from the beginning in all the Superman mythologies. BTW, when is Clark going to learn to fly?

"The Soup" Why is this show only a half hour??? Joel McHale is so cute and funny, and I'm sure he could fill an hour. I also watch "The Dish" which is similar but I wish they'd keep her comments shorter. An awful lot of time is wasted on those stupid skits and ramble-ons she does after each clip. You could fit a couple more clips in that time.

"Glee" How can you not love the song & dance routines?

"Grey's Anatomy", "Private Practice", "Supernatural" (currently catching up the previous seasons)", "Happy Town".

Returning soon:

"Warehouse 13" I thought it was cancelled but it's coming back. Cool!

"Leverage" Another show I really liked. It's just plain fun!

All for now.