Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DWTS - Season 10 Finale

Aaaah. Nicole & Derek! All is well with the world.

This is the first season (I can remember) that the final 3 all deserved to be there. Nicole rocked all the way. Evan slipped a bit, and Erin rose steadily. I admit, I didn't see her in the final 3 at first, but I'm glad she was.

I thought it was very cool that they all chose the Argentine Tango for their final dance. Wonderful to see this dance done well, and in 3 completely different routines.

But WTF was up with some of the fluff that filled the 2 hours?

Why oh why was Kate Goslin given such an important spot??? She danced as horribly as ever, in fact, worse, but they made a big production out of her spot. She got special interview time, in which she plugged her reality shows, of course. Ridiculous and ugly waste of time!

Buzz Aldren's spot was pretty cool with the "beam me down, Scotty" thing, but his attempt at a Paso Doble was out of this world sad.

Pam Anderson didn't get enough air time. If Kate got to do her thing (whatever that is), why couldn't Pam do hers. I'm sure it would've been something to see.

And a really big WTF for the Jake/Vienna thing! I don't understand why this particular spouse-to-be (maybe) who wasn't a contestant rated dance floor time.

The other real contestants only got a minute of exposure for their encore dances.

What I'd like to have seen more of instead of that drek was more of the audience celebrities. Many were there from previous seasons but there wasn't enough air time left to more than flash past their faces, and then not even all of them rated face time I'm sure. If it wasn't for Nicole's mention of Gladys Knight at the end, we might not even have known who that was.

I enjoyed the college dance team contest, but I would've preferred the junior ballroom contest as in past seasons.

For the most part, a pretty good season, and I'm so glad America has finally recognized that this is a dance contest, and good dancers should win.

Next week, my favorite dance show - So You Think You Can Dance. Can't wait! America's Got Talent also begins. Not my favorite, but I watch for the circus.